October is the start of Q4 and is a good month to reflect on how we are doing so far.
Since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I will address women specifically.
I think we can all benefit from positive encouragement, so instead of focusing on what can go wrong, let’s focus on what we can ensure will go right.
As women, we can be distracted and taken off course by our natural instinct to make sure everyone else is taken care of.
This month, please take care of yourselves. A great way to center your thoughts to what you want to accomplish for the rest of the year, by asking yourself:
- What difference do you want to make to your career – what do you want to accomplish?
- What do you already contribute – do you take credit for that?
- What do you need to focus on to feel that you have achieved your goal?
- How will it feel when you have achieved your goal?
- What distracts you and how can you re-focus?
Look at your answers for the next few days and your personal “big idea” or purpose will evolve. Write that out as a short, clear statement and read it out loud to yourself every day.
Check in and ask yourself at intervals along the way: “Am I working on accomplishing my big idea right now?” The answer could guide you back to your big idea.
Email me today at email@example.com. I would be happy to help you tackle this challenge!