Kenny Moore, author of The CEO and the Monk wrote an excellent article about integrity in leadership in his newsletter. I’ll sum up the key points of his article in the form of questions. Read through these points and write down your answer for each.
- How do you treat waiters?
- How do children respond to you?
- How do you relate to the laborers who clean, take out trash, serve lunch or stock the vending machines?
- When making decisions do you consider your workers’ feelings?
- Do you consider your own contribution to the ethical problems of your organization?
Now read through your answers. Are the majority of them positive? If so, this is a good sign that you prioritize integrity in your leadership!
If you are not happy with the answers you see, perhaps it’s time to reassess your leadership approach.
I am an expert at helping Leaders find ways to improve! Email me at email@example.com today to start the conversation.