I was suddenly faced with the reality that I needed to go to South Africa in the shortest time possible. Things seemed to come at me in all directions. I had to make travel arrangements, cancel appointments, pay bills and generally try to prevent not coming back to chaos. I do not like having to operate under pressure.
It is so much like management expectations. Suddenly we can find that the heat is on and everything is done under pressure.
- How do you react? Does your team know they have to hide, just from seeing your face?
- Don’t relax your face, engage the muscles in the corners of your mouth just a little. You won’t portray your stress.
- Does your boss have confidence that you will follow through?
- Ask lots of questions; clarify, clarify, clarify.
- Do you have courage?
- Breathe, take a moment to stare out the window, relax your shoulders consciously.
- Do your emotions change how you get through the next few events?
- Create a clear goal for each, identify the desired outcome, plan each step, focus.
- Can you make good decisions?
- Use your allies to verify the criteria on which sound decisions are made.
- Do you have a mentor or support system?
- You do not have to feel alone in times of crisis. Shared responsibility is less stressful. Get the support you need.
I would be more than happy if you contacted me at email@example.com for that support.